Friday 29 January 2016

January 2016



SingWiv on Saturday 16th January broke our record for numbers. It was lovely to see such a full room. Thank you all for making the effort and for spreading the word about our regular Saturday Sings.

We made a great noise - although we were a little hesitant when it came to the recordings but as Chris says, this is not supposed to be our best attempt.


The link to the recordings is below and I hope you enjoy listening to them. The Marvin Gaye song, "You're all I need to get by", is one of my favourites from my youth,  but I never expected to be singing it in three part unaccompanied harmony - well done all, and well done Chris!



January recordings

Chris has also added a couple of YouTube clips for your enjoyment, of "Minuit" - an African one and the link below, which is for Paul Winter's version - beautifully gentle. I love it.

Paul Winter's "Minuit"


Our next session is on Saturday 20th February, when we look forward to seeing you all again.